- 1 lb beef liver, cut up or sliced style
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 onion (or 2 if you like onions!)
- 1/2 cup butter (I substitute some with olive oil, but that’s just me.)
- pepper, salt, chili powder, garlic powder
- Rinse liver. Put in a shallow dish. Add milk over liver until its just submerged. Let it soak it in milk for a while.
- Cut up your onions. Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a pan. Fry your onions until they are golden brown. Put the onions aside.
- Melt the other 1/2 cup butter in a pan. Mix your flour and seasonings and put in wide bowl or plate. Remove liver from milk, allowing to milk to drain. Roll the liver in the flour. (I messed up my slices through the milk and flour process, which is how they became nuggets.) Add to the pan. Fry the liver until it comes a nice deep brown color.
- Enjoy your fried liver and onions! 🙂