Ginger is so good for you, and it’s really easy to pickle it at home. I like eating it with chopsticks straight out of the jar until my face burns.
- Ginger, peeled and shredded with a peeler
- Shred the ginger and put into a jar.
- add vinegar to the top of the ginger
- add a few tsp sugar
- put lid on jar and swirl until the sugar is evenly mixed
- place in refrigerator and is ready within days
It won’t look too much like the ginger, or “gari”, you get at sushi restaurants, because most gari has a coloring to make it more of the pinkish color.
While I’m at it, I like to squeeze some shredded ginger into kombucha. Do not shake to mix the ginger in. Lightly swirl with chopstick or swirling stick so that kombucha sediment is not disturbed. I wasn’t too keen on kombucha until I made ginger kombucha. Now I’m a ginger kombucha fiend!